Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pour Vous...


People seem to embrace all things French..from the images of Paris to the lavender fields of Provence. I, too, embrace the French but for far deeper reasons than fashion, fad or fame. Mine is for Family. My mother is a true Parisienne..born and raised in Chaville (a little town near Versailles), was a child during WW2 where my grandfather was in the military and my grandmother (Bonne Maman) raised her 4 children during the most difficult circumstances, Studied in Paris, sat in the Louvre during Art Class, learning from the masterpieces that are so well known to us. She met (through the Church)and married my daddy (an American)...a romantic life for us to hear about as we were growing up. Yes, we love all things French and yet my mom also loves all things American as well as all that she has experienced here. She loves our history and probably knows more about it than most Americans. My parents lived in Northern Virginia for 33 years - so it's safe to say that with my Dad at the Pentagon and my mom lending her incredible embroidery skills for restoration at the Woodlawn plantation (just one area in her life that she gave of her talents) being active in our church, and of course taking guests to the Smithsonian, to the Capitol, to the Pentagon -living life near our nation's earliest history leaves an indelible mark on our lives.

But for today, here are a few vintage French images... First a vintage postcard with the most famous of landmarks and the second, a certificate for that extra special student of the month..perhaps for just a moment, all of us could have the Tableau d'honneur bestowed upon us.

Until next time,

Blessings,

1 comment: