Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creative Chemistry Class with Tim Holtz


I finally understand Chemistry...Creative Chemistry that is. Tim Holtz is teaching a ten day Online Course, showing the how's and why's of inks and stains and how they work the way they do and how we can stretch and play with the results. I am loving the content, the connection and the refresher course on things that I have known in the past. I thought I would show you my renditions of Day 2 - working with Distress inks. It is wonderful to get in the studio to play and create and to venture into new territory....I love distress even more now!! We will start Day 6 on Monday, so I better get busy on the techniques from Day 3- Day 5. Here they are....

This is a spritzing technique that creates
wonderful backgrounds

A close up of what the water does to the ink
when spritzed and then heat set.

A water color effect using distress inks, water
and a floral stamp on watercolor paper.



a close up of the flower and
the blending of colors.


This is called wrinkle free distress..
It's a layered technique creating
incredible backgrounds.
a close up of the layering...gorgeous!
Hope you are inspired to go and play with inks, paper and your creativity!
Until next time,


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment