Monday, December 5, 2011

On the 5th tag of Christmas...

my inspiration tag...

I am so excited to be doing this little blog tag- along with all the creative taggers and of course the master tagger, Tim. You need to hop on ver to his blog and see all the wonderful inspiration that is happening. today was no exception. I loved the transparent technique on the plastic with the reverse imaging stamps- of course I have never seen those awesome stamps of his (hum, maybe that could be a stocking stuffer?) but I had done a little fragment last year with a snowflake stamp. It is such a fun technique. I need to add that more into my projects. I also didn't have today the die for the holly wreath. I have wreaths on my cricut cartridges but grungeboard doesn't cut as clear on the cricut as it does on the Big Shot. So I changed the direction of the tag....So here are a few of my tips and switches for this tag.

*I used a background stamp and a variety of green shades of alcohol ink for my plastic. I stamped the sentiment with stazon on a small piece of plastic and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock embossed with a snowflake texture plate.

*For the mitten, I adhered adhesive backed metal sheets to grungeboard, die cut the mitten and then embossed with the same snowflake texture plate.

* I used some fun yarn, pearls and silver bling to finish the tag...So much fun!

close up of sentiment and trims...


Of course, today the tag was about transparency...So my thoughts turned to a transparent life. I don't mean that everything we do or say should be evident to all..there are some aspects of our life that need to remain intimate, personal and even perhaps only God knows those thoughts, those struggles. But as Christians, we are to share Christ and the life changing message of redemption and grace. How do we do that? Just as the tag needed to be wiped away to reveal the transparent nature and make room for the white tag, our life needs to be wiped clean of self and make room for the nature of Jesus. Notice that the plastic tag kept some of the original colors. Just as we keep the wonderful gifts and talents that God gave us. These need not be wiped away but used to their full potential. I am reminded of an old hymn written in 1916 that echoes this very idea...

"Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me, All His wonderful passion and purity; May His spirit divine all my being refine. Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.''

"...Christ lives in me." --Galatians 2:20b"




2 comments:

  1. According to sub-section (6) of section 41,on or after commencement of this rule, the registration mark referred to shall be displayed both at the front, rear and windshield of all vehicles clearly and legibly in the form of security license plate of the following specifications, namely.

    ReplyDelete