Saturday, December 10, 2011

On the 10th tag of Christmas...

Today's Tag was an all time favorite. I love that Tim brought a technique that my mother showed me when I was a little girl. We now have so many tools, products out there in the market than we forget the simple things, the basis for art and the ability create one of a kind art. I did make a few changes-I made my own banner with a decorative cutter and folded the ends to create a banner. Of course, I love the roses wrapped with holly and some tinsel yarn (leftover from a crocheted scarf I made). The facets were so wonderful to make. The transfer technique use mailing tape (the clearer the better) and the image you want to transfer and warm water in a small bowl and a paper towel. To create this cut your image a little larger-then cover the image with the tape. Dip in warm water and begin to rub the backing away from the image. When you get a "squeaky" clean feel and nothing else is rubbing off, it's done!! You now have made your own transfer! I followed Tim's tag with adding the metal foil tape and it looks awesome. In fact, Savannah , my 17 year old, thought they would be pretty necklaces!!
I didn't switch too many things - the stamped sentiment instead of the alpha parts, the flowers instead of the bells. It was a great experience!!




Now for the reflection- While working on the transfers, I thought of how much my mother has taught me in art, crafts, being a woman, a wife and a mother. She has taught me so much about life and how to love God fully. I think that is why Scripture commends older women to teach younger women how to love their husbands and children, to manage their days, their priorities and to reflect the Lord in all that they do. No matter where you are in life, what season you are in there is always someone watching you, learning from you whether you realize it or not. take opportunity to see teachable moments- make them part of your daily speech, your daily activities-to put it simply in our daily living. I am also reminded that when we share what we know, what we have learned - the lessons will never be void. It may take years to see the benefits, to reap the reward but just as the tape transfer was taught to me when I was little, so were the lessons of kindness, service, commitment and the love for the Lord. Years later, the lessons that lasted are the ones which truly make a difference in my life. Love and commitment permeate my family, kindness is extended to all and the love for the Lord grows daily. It's great to be a life long learner, just make sure your teaching along the way.


"Teach the older women to reverent in the way they live,...to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind,..." Titus 2:3-5



P.S. Here are a few more photos...I am on my mom's pc and it is alittle different than my mac -so I can't seem to move the photos around:) Enjoy























1 comment:

  1. Chantal your tags are just gorgeous !!
    I love what you wrote too about learning from the older people in our lives ~ So very true !

    ReplyDelete