Friday, July 31, 2015

Living the sweet life - Repurpose rubber canning seals into a handmade stamp



Happy Friday!!  I wanted to share with y'all a great way to create your very own canning seal stamp.  It's a great way to repurpose something that has lost it's original purpose.  Last month while treasure hunting, I came across these Good Luck rubber jar seals from years past... I would not trust these when I am canning my homemade jams and jellies. But I would totally trust these with my papers and inks....IT's soooo easy to create your own stamp....but if you haven't the Good Luck in finding these at your flea market, I'll have these up on my etsy store in the coming week.  For those of you that would like to make your own, the technique is below....

Create your one of a kind sealing label stamps

What a great use of these old seals!


Gather

2 rubber seals
1 wood block
Adhesive such as Ultimate
Wood stirrer or toothpick to spread the adhesive
Inks, Paper for project


Make

1.  Take one rubber seal and spread adhesive on the back side (each side is virtually the same, so you choose..)

2.  Place onto the center of the block and press into place. 

3.  Spread adhesive on the second seal and place on top (evenly) of the first seal.

4.  Allow to dry!!

Now, you're ready to send a sweet message, create your own labels or even use on fabric!!

There will be a limited supply of these stamps (8-10), so if you know you would like one before they go up on my etsy shop, email me  here and reserve your stamp today. 


Until next time, I hope you are having a fantastic Friday and Good Luck with your treasure hunting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment