Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blooms In Winter: Hope Springs Eternal" The look of soldering on China with ICED Enamels

My Blooms in Winter necklace for 2015 ICE RESIN Design Team 
I am so happy to share with you my 2nd project for the 2015 ICE RESIN Design Team.  Our theme was "A Winter's Tale."  My first thoughts drifted to beautiful snow and warm fire places, hot cocoa and  handmade scarves.  At that moment, I realized that more of my fb friends had had it with the cold and were ready to LET IT GO...so my thoughts turned to what everyone wishes for in the dead of winter- SPRING!

I hope this project brings not only technique and inspiration but that it puts a little Spring in your step and flowers around your neck.

If you would like to view the full article click here and  there is even my 2nd video showing how to create the look of soldering with a soldering gun!

I'll leave you with a few more pictures of the necklace and the process to get it finished.  No matter where you are today, I am sending Blooms in Winter to you....Spring is almost here!!
close up of the dangles

some of the supplies

adding ICED Enamels Medium 

applying the German Silver ICED Enamel powder

Heating with the heat gun...creating the look of solder

Medallion options to add to the piece of China

Here it is ...completed.  (Background is a China Plate)

No comments:

Post a Comment