Friday, February 26, 2010

It's Rhyme Time....

Presleigh, my youngest, came to me just before Valentine's day asking for my help on a writing project. She explained that they had to write a poem that had to rhyme and that it also had to follow a certain pattern. I told her that I was more than happy to help and that I love to write. So this was right up my alley. When I asked her the topic of this poem, she was a little timid. After some coaxing, she said "It is supposed to be a surprise. This is a poem about you, mommy." I smiled. Then, we started working on this little ditty--She had already begun the first stanza and then in my mind and through my pen, thoughts and words (rhyming of course) began to flow. She wrote the last stanza and I had filled in the middle. When she asked "How did you do that?" I told her "I was thinking about you as I wrote the words." Take a peek at our poem. Couldn't this be about your sweet little ones, too (even if they are grown)? It was a memory making afternoon...My Presleigh and Me.

My Presleigh and Me
written by: Chantal Johnson and Presleigh Johnson (age 9)

Mommy, it is true, I love you.
And I love my family, too.
Our house if filled with candy so sweet.
But when I think of you, my heart skips a beat.

You and I fit like a hand in a glove.
That's because of our mother/daughter love.
It is fun to be with you,
In everything we like to do.

When there's a problem, you are always there.
That's one great way you show you care.
You make me smile, laugh and sing.
You are great at everything.

There is so much more to say
But there is now way to tell it in one day!
You are pretty and caring, too
and that is how I love you!

Blessings to you this day -- Chantal

1 comment: