|Etched Mirror using etchall® etching creme|
Thrift store find mirror
Etchall® etching creme
Stencil tape or painters tape
Glass Cleaner and paper towels
Let's get etching...
1. Lay mirror onto a surface such as a counter top or a table. Be sure to protect the surface where you will be etching.
|Taping the stencil|
2. Position stencil and then with stencil/painter's tape, Tape stencil securely to the mirror,keeping the stencil tight up against the mirror
3. Pour a little of the etching creme on to the corner of the stencil. Using the squeegee, begin to spread the creme across the stencil. Apply this in one direction so as to not disturb the stencil
|beginning to spread the creme|
Any excess of creme, can go back in the jar!!!
4. Once stencil is covered with the creme, set the timer to 15 minutes.
5. When the 15 minutes are finished, begin to rinse with warm water, the stencil areas, trying to get all the creme off before removing the stencil
|stencil covered in etchall® etching creme|
6. Remove the stencil and continue rinsing.
7. Once all of the etching® creme has been rinsed away, use glass cleaner and paper towels to clean up any residue.
|the finished piece|
Until next time, look for thrift store mirrors, glasses and all those etching possiblities can become reality...all it takes is 15 minutes!!! I hope you will give it a try!!
Be sure to join me on the blog hop to see what others have done with etchall® products!!