Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Willow Hearts Mother/Daughter Tea

Annual Mother/Daughter Willow Hearts Tea


Willow Hearts is our girls group that I have led for the past 2 1/2 years.  This group of girls and their mothers have become so special to my daughter, Presleigh and me that it is hard to put in to words.  We meet twice a month and do something different every time.  From the food we eat, to the games we play or the art we create, it always revolves around God's love for us and how we in our own ways love others.  We also have a few traditions that we do from year to year.  There is a costume party in October, a service project in November,  Secret Santa in December, For the Love of Chocolate in February, and in March, a Paint and Pizza day where we put out paint and all different kind of substrates and let them go "Picasso" with their creativity.  But my favorite tradition is our annual Mother/Daughter Tea and the tea cup gift swap (each mother/daughter/grandmother brings a wrapped tea cup to give) that is held at the end of April.   It is a time where the girls and their moms don dresses, hats and for a little while the phones are put away and we slow down the pace of life.  Presleigh and I set the tables with our glass punch plates, our collection of tea cups and fresh flowers.  We eat scones, fancy tea sandwiches, pastries and sip tea-hot or cold.  Following our time at the table, we then draw numbers and receive the coordinating gift bag and we open the tea cups one at a time.  There are many ooh's and aah's and smiles on everyone's face.   Then as with our Texas heat, the girls change and jump into the pool  and swim for a bit while the mommas visit and have the much needed break from everyday life.  This year one of our girls took the most incredible pictures of our Tea Time and I wanted to share with everyone just how wonderful my Willow Hearts girls are....
It's beginning to look like TEA TIME 

The gift table..

The tables are set...

The menus, fresh flowers and conversation spoons

Grandmother, Mother and 4 daughters

Mother and Daughter 

My mother and my daughter

Friends 

Friends

Sisters

Tea Cups everywhere!

The Tea cup exchange is underway 

My Willow Hearts girls

Mother/Daughter

Tea cup giving 
Mothers and Grandmothers

Clowning around

After Tea Swimming
Presleigh wearing a vintage dress and hat!

Until next time,  Slow down the pace of life and enjoy a cup of tea.  As I shared with the moms and daughters on Thursday, I would like to share this quote with you and thank each you for taking the time to read my blog and encouraging me by your kind words.  

"If I had one gift that I Could give you, my friend, it would be that ability to see yourself as others see you, because only then would you know how extremely special you are."
                                                -B.A. Billingsly


No comments:

Post a Comment