*Small shipping tags
*Vintage library cards
*Tag punch - I used the fiskars tag for this project. It punches the thicker card stock with ease.
*Stazon ink (black)
*Colorbox ink (Chestnut Roan)
*Stamp of your choice
*Paper Roses with floral stems
*Ribbon or Rickrack.
|small shipping tags, card catalog tags, stamps, rick rack and paper roses.|
1. Using the fiskars tag punch, punch tags from the library card.
2. Ink stamp with Stazon and stamp image on all tags
3. Using chestnut roan, ink the edges of the tags.
4. At the top of the library card tags, punch hole for rickrack or ribbon
5. To create the curly stems, use a small skewer or dowel and wrap the stem around it several times to create the curly cues...I just love this!!
|Here are the curly cues made with a larger dowel and wrapped heavy gauge wire|
6. Using adhesive, glue the flower to the tag, do not glue the stem. Allow to dry.
***Tip: If when the image was stamped there happened to be a smudge--use the flower to hide this little oops--I'm not claiming or denying any such oops in my tags--I'm just sayin'
7. When dry, cut desired length of rickrack and slip it through the holes of the tag and then tie a knot. ***Option 2..use Tim Holtz's tiny attacher for the rick rack and staple through the layers and then it will lay flat.
Simple but stunning--when I look at these tags- I just get happy..perhaps it's the colors, the vintage cards and rickrack or perhaps I know that these took me about 10 minutes and they were perfectly paired with my Aprons! Whatever the reasons- I just love simple!!! Now it's your turn, let's link your simple and stunning projects...