Monday, September 19, 2011

Today's Treasures...


I wanted to share with you a few found treasures...some for inspiration, some for repurposing and some just as they are...

4 little "iron" chairs...have a few ideas for these little seat warmers...



The makings of an Apron from a vintage skirt..A little shiny purse for my "take-along" embroidery, buttons or this'n that,...
A ready made stencil in a frame....Look for some pillows soon.Not 1, but 2 pottery barn silver candle holders... I am in love with these. They were 99 cents each!!!
An beautiful old floral pitcher..either for flowers, paint brushes, markers,....
Lace motifs, lace flower appliques plus 4 pairs of embroidery scissors- for $1.50!!
A copper dish (needs a little clean up) but it certainly looks like this could hold some jute balls, shells or cute little gourds....
A weathered galvanized wine cooler...This deserves a great place...ooh but where???
And then for one of the greatest treasure that I came across today....

John 10:3b-4 He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all of his own, he goes ahead of them and his sheep follow him because they know his voice....(vs. 9) I (Jesus) am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. they will come in and go out, and find pasture.

I am so grateful to be a name not a number, not a nameless face in the crowd. Yesterday I ran across a sister of a College friend. She knew me many years ago, I ate dinner with them in College and visited quite frequently their parents home..This woman did not remember me...Heart breaking. Yet the One who is the Savior of the world is my Savior. He knows my name!!! As a horse/chickens owner, I understand that a leader is crucial. The leader gives security, peace and safety, nourishment andthe needs of life. He (she) is responsible for his flock, herd. Jesus promises that he'll lead me by still waters, he will keep me secure in the midst of strife, he will provide for all of my needs, In fact I shall not want.

Treasures come in all shapes, sizes, price tags and purpose. The trinkets make their way in to my home, my art, my gifts. Jesus' treasures makes their way into my heart and leads to the abundant life. Thank you for taking a treasure stroll with me. I would love to know what treasures have you discovered lately? Until next time,

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment