Saturday, September 10, 2011


LOVE ALWAYS.....

Can you believe two posts in just a few days? I am not sure what is going on. Perhaps it's the cooler weather we had this past week (don't be too excited- 100 degrees are on the horizon), the New Martha Stewart Paints, being inspired by others or that I have remembered my camera. You would be surprised to know how many "before and after's" you have missed because I realized I didn't take any pictures. So here's to remembering the camera this week for 2 of the many projects going on in my little part of Texas...

I have come across a company that makes whimsical paper pads, home decor and accessories..the problem is that they are strictly wholesale and by the time they get to the store they are expensive. Sometimes, I look at things and think "How did they do that?" and appreciate their artisan talent. At other times, I think - "Oh, I can do that." and appreciate that I can add my own creative touch,also. This is one of those times. So with this art print from this company as the inspiration I began to create my

Love Always..

Here's what you'll need: Acrylic paints in white, black, red and blue (Pool by Martha Stewart is an awesome blue!), ruler, pencil, adhesive tape, brushes, wooden placque (size is up to you), letter stamps or stencils...
See the price...so very doable!!

Paint the plaque with white. Depending on the wood, a second coat may be necessary. Let dry. ***LOVE the attachments to Martha's paint bottles***

Then begin to tape, measuring for the blue lines (to resemble notebook paper) Be sure to mark and tape the horizontal line for the red line in the "Paper". Then using your blue-paint the lines.


Remove the tape - you may let the paint dry first but if you're like me, I can't wait to peek, so peal the tape ever so carefully. (You can fix the "boo-boos" later)

Once everything is dry, paint the red line of the "Paper". Since the blue and white paint are dry, you may run two lines of adhesive tape, so your red line doesn't bleed into the other areas....


Oops..I accidentally had a little red smear on the corner...I actually liked it so I left it...Happy Accidents sometimes are the perfect touches to our projects. I did sand the edges of the lines as to remove the pencil markings and to give it a bit of a rustic feel....
Next, using letter stamps- Stamp your sentiment with black acrylic paints. I used some of the foam letter stamps from way back. You could also use stencils. If you use stencils, just make sure your paint is dry before you move on to the next letter.
Here's a close up....

The inspiration just had the word "always". When Savannah saw that, she said "always what"? My response was "love always..."

No comments:

Post a Comment