Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Create your own ribbon winders with the new French General dies from Sizzix



Thread winders created with My own speciality papers and the French General Die from Sizzix
  Oh, la, la...I love the new dies from Sizzix created by Kari Meng of French General   With her inspiration drawn from France along with the fabrics, notions and more, these dies help us keep things in order but at the same time are beautiful to create.  Combining my love of paper, sewing, and die-cutting--(Yes, that is a love of mine!), these little thread/ribbon winders as well as the other dies in this line from Sizzix are perfect for all my sewing needs.

To create these little cuties, I took a plain manilla folder (to add stability) and my own speciality papers (use could use any papers that you like), and cut one from the manilla folder and two from the papers. With the die, you actually cut all 4 of the shapes at once and you can cut up to 5 sheets of paper at a time....this is a fast project.  Once all have been cut, use your choice of adhesive to adhere the 3 together.  I chose to use my Xyron as it again was a fast fix and created an assembly line type of project.  It just a short time, I had 40 of these ready to be used...They are beautiful at the same time of functional - as it should be.


Until next time, Take a few moments to turn the ordinary into a thing of beauty....
Velvet Ribbon wound around the winder.  

Silk Ribbon as well as threads wound perfectly. 
*I am not compensated for this post.  This is just something I wanted to share with you*

1 comment:

  1. It has been so difficult to find and purchase some of the Sizzix French General dies- I have some but was unable to get these- nor boxes. What's up with that? Ordered one months ago from Amazon who eventually told me they were not available and cancelled my order w/o a choice... yet it WAS- at $12.00 more (even ABOVE list price in some "legit" stores". My trust in both Sizzix and its contract? with French General is NIL. Otherwise, what dies I did get, are nice enough but doesn't give the "matched set" project ideas some of us love to do. The projects you show are lovely and I'll find some other dies that I can sub for those. Thanks. Nice site.

    ReplyDelete